This one isn’t mine, it was shown me by a friend. While I try and track down the original recipe-maker, give it a try!
You will need:
- Two tins of chickpeas
- Two nori (seaweed) sheets
- One pickled gherkin
- 1 tbsp of rice/malt vinegar
- Drain the chickpeas (keeping the water for other recipes) and add them to your mixing bowl
- Dice up the gherkin into really fine chunks, and add these to the bowl as well
- Hold the nori sheets above the mixing bowl, and crumble them up into it. Try to avoid leaving any large bits.
- Take a potato masher, and mash the ingredients together in the bowl. Yes, you could probably do this with a mixer/food processor, but to do it with the masher is character building. Get on with it.
- At some point you’ll lose interest, look elsewhere and when you glance back, you’ll find the bowl has been replaced with one full of tuna. I promise you, this is not real tuna, it is the ingredients you were mashing before. It just REALLY looks and smells like tuna.
- Once the tuna is a good consistency, chuck in the vinegar and stir it in.
And that’s it. Perfect for sandwiches, sushi or pasta.